The Maui Watershed Citizen Science Program is pleased to offer another year of the program, starting with a Teacher Workshop in January!
Maui Watershed Citizen Science
A 4-Day Teacher Workshop
January 20,21 & 27,28, 2017
8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Application Deadline is Passed.
- LEARN to engage students in field-based data collection and analysis that contributesto a larger authentic scientific study: CITIZEN SCIENCE!
- RECEIVE a Citizen Science Classroom Kit, Standards-based Lessons, Online Resources, and Ongoing Support
- LEARN to use GIS and to Create Watershed StoryMaps with Students
- EARN a Teacher Stipend for Full Participation, Implementation, and Attendance at a Culminating Event
- GAIN ACCESS to a Mobile Citizen Science Technology Lab
- FACILITATE citizen science field trips for students to the native forest and/or coastal dunes and wetlands sites. (Bus transportation funding available.)
Limited Space Available.
Overview of the Teacher Workshop Tentative Schedule:
- Day 1: Waikamoi Preserve
- Day 2: Waiheʻe Ridge Trail and the Waiheʻe Coastal Dunes and Wetlands Refuge
- Day 3: Kānaha Ponds and Keālia Ponds Wetlands
- Day 4: Classroom Day – NOAA Hawaiian Island Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary in Kihei – Hala ‘Āmui A & B (Conference Rooms)
Outline of the Maui Watershed Citizen Science Program Timeline for 2017
- January: Citizen Science Teacher Workshop
- February – April: Student Citizen Science Field Trips
- May: Culminating Event #1 – Watershed StoryMap Showcase
- June: Culminating Program Event #2 – Citizen Science in Action Community Event
Contact Us Today for More Information